our vision of a fair and just society
we are creating an inclusive university community and a society where:
- people are treated with dignity and respect
- inequalities are questioned
- we anticipate and respond positively to different needs and circumstances so that everyone can reach their potential
our principles of equality and diversity
- we value diversity and recognize that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and cultures, and that this difference brings great strength.
- we believe that discrimination or exclusion based on individual characteristics and circumstances, such as age; disability; care or dependency responsibilities; gender or gender identity; marriage and civil union status; political opinion; pregnancy and maternity; race, color, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation; socioeconomic background; union membership status or other distinctions, represents a waste of talent and a denial of opportunities for self-fulfillment.
- we recognize that patterns of underrepresentation and differences in outcomes in the open university can be challenged through of positive action programs.
- We respect the rights of people, including the right to have different opinions and beliefs. we will not allow these differences to play out in a hostile or demeaning way to others.
- we expect the commitment and participation of all our staff, students, partners and suppliers of goods and services in working towards the achievement of our vision.
To read our equality scheme in full or abridged version, or to learn more about equality and diversity in the open university, visit the equality and diversity website.
Reading: At&t store eugene
You can also read our statements against racism and discrimination.