wins on the pga tour (11)
- colonial mastercard
- classic buick
- mercedes championships
- classic buick
- eds byron nelson championship
- booz allen classic
- the players championship
- wyndham championship
- at&t byron nelson
- master tournament
- sanderson farms championship
- 1999 murphy’s irish open [eur]
- 1999 linde german masters [eur]
- 2001 lancome trophy [eur]
- 2002 Canary Islands Open of Spain [eur]
- 2002 korea [asia] open kolon cup
- 2004 Majorcan classic [eur]
- 2005 omega european masters [eur]
- 2008 masters of castello [eur]
- 2008 world golf champions-hsbc champions [eur]
- 2011 masters of castello [eur]
- 2011 masters of andalucia [eur]
- 2012 iskandar johor [asia] open
- 2013 thai golf championship [asia]
- 2014 qatar master of commercial bank [eur]
- 2015 ho tram open [asia]
- 2017 omega dubai desert classic [eur]
- 2017 master’s degree andalucia valderrama organized by the sergio garcia foundation [eur]
- 2018 smbc singapore open [asia]
- 2018 master’s degree andalucia valderrama organized by the sergio garcia foundation [eur]
- 2019 klm opening
- 1997 catalonia open championship
- 1999 dunhill cup [with miguel angel jimenez and jose maria olazabal]
- 2001 nedbank golf challenge [saf]
- 2003 nedbank golf challenge [saf]
- 2001 lost to ernie els, mike weir, david toms, tour championship
- 2002 defeated david toms, mercedes championships
- 2004 defeated robert damron, dudley hart, eds byron nelson championship
- 2004 defeated rory sabbatini, padraig harrington, buick classic
- 2005 lost to jim furyk, vijay singh, wachovia championship
- 2007 lost to padraig harrington, the open championship
- 2008 defeated paul goydos, the players championship
- 2008 lost to vijay singh, kevin sutherland, the barclays
- 2008 lost to camilo villegas, the championship tour presented by coca-cola
- 2014-15 lost to rickie fowler, kevin kisner, players championship
- 2015-16 defeated brooks koepka, at&t byron nelson
- 2016-17 defeated justin rose, masters tournament
- 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 ryder cup
- 2016 olympic games
- world cup 2004, 2009
- 1999, 2000 dunhill cup
- 2000, 2003 seven trophies
- father, victor, is her teacher and the teaching professional at the local club, the mediterranean country club. father has played in nine pga tour champion events in his career.
- started playing golf at age 3 and became club champion at age 12.
- He is the president of the CF Borriol football club in the Spanish fourth division. he made his debut as a player with the team in september 2010 when he played eight minutes in cf borriol’s 1-0 loss to sporting ribarroja cf. he continues to play in recreational soccer games when he gets the chance.
- big fan of real madrid.
- In 2002 he started the Sergio Garcia Foundation which provides grants benefiting numerous health causes including childhood cancer, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis research in several countries.
- real madrid fc and cf borriol (football), children, tennis
- world golf championships-dell technologies match play: advanced to the quarterfinals in the wgc-dell technologies match play for the second consecutive season before falling to victor perez, 4th and 3rd. the par 3 fourth hole during a sudden death playoff against lee westwood to advance out of group play.
- the players’ championship: held a two-shot lead over 18 holes in the players’ championship before finishing t9. he posted the lowest first-round score among players with 65, extending his streak of consecutive tournament cuts to 17, the longest in tournament history.
- sanderson farms championship: birdied the 72nd hole to win the sanderson farms championship by one stroke, winning his 11th pga tour title and first since the tournament of Masters in 2017. He became the 78th player to win in three different decades on the PGA Tour (2000, 2010, 2020) and the first since Stewart Cink two weeks earlier. The victory came in his debut at the Sanderson Farms Championship tournament. he hit his approach shot at no. 18 in the final round at 2 feet, 6 inches, the closest of any player on the field. he held a portion of the 54-hole lead, improving to 5-for-15 with the 54-hole lead/co-leader on the tour. he led the course in strokes gained: from tee (5,492 total) and sg: tee to green (12,044 total). co-lead on greens in regulation percentage (83.33 percent).
- klm open: earned his 16th victory on the european tour on his klm open debut, beating dane nicolai hojgaard by one stroke with a close of 69, three under par , with the win, marked the first time in his career to own at least one win on the European tour for three consecutive seasons.
- Wells Fargo Championship: Earned the second top 5 finish in the Wells Fargo Championship, tying three others for fourth with a 9-under 275. With scores of 66 and 68 in the two final rounds, he closed with two scores under 70 for the first time since the 2018 valspar championship.
- zurich classic of new orleans: teamed up with fellow zurich ambassador tommy fleetwood to finish runner-up at the zurich classic of new orleans, three shots behind jon rahm/ryan palmer in louisiana tpc. He participated in the event for the second time since it became a team event in 2017, missing the cut with compatriot Rafa Cabrera Bello in 2018.
- World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play: Came out of pool play and defeated Branden Grace, 1-up, in the fourth round of the World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play. lost to matt kuchar, 2-up, in the quarterfinals for a t5 ending.
- the honda classic: after close scores of 70 in rounds two and three in the honda classic, he closed out with 1-under 69 to finish t9 with jim furyk and jason kokrak at 4 – Under 276. The top 10 came in his ninth start at the tournament and marked his best performance since finishing second solo in 2016.
- world golf championship-mexico championship: finished t6 in the world golf championship-mexico championship in his second start of the 2018-19 season. second consecutive top 10 finish at chapultepec golf club after a t7 finish in 2018 and his 100th career top 10 finish on the pga tour.
- gary player hosted nedbank golf challenge: came within three strokes of victory in the gary player hosted nedbank golf challenge and recorded his 18th tour finish European. he started the final round with a two-shot lead and finished the week at 70-under, two-under.
- andalucia valderrama masters organized by the sergio garcia foundation: defended his title in the andalucia valderrama masters organized by the sergio garcia foundation and obtained his third consecutive victory at the real club valderrama. he earned his 15th win on the European tour after the tournament was shortened to 54 holes due to inclement weather. He tied his lowest day at Real Club Valderrama with a 7-under 64 in the second round. He became the first player to win the same European Tour event three years in a row since Colin Montgomerie at the BMW PGA Championship (1998-2000).
- Ryder Cup: As the chosen captain of his ninth Ryder Cup team, he scored three points for the Europeans and helped his team beat the United States 17.5-10.5. He defeated Rickie Fowler 2 & 1 in singles and overtook Nick Faldo as the all-time Ryder Cup points leader in Europe with 25.5 career points from him. victory at le golf national in paris, france marked the sixth victory with the european team.
- World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play: Playing competitively for the first time since the birth of her daughter, she advanced to the round of 16 at the World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play for the first time since the event went to group play format in 2016. he was eliminated by kyle stanley, who defeated him, 3 and 1.
- valspar championship: birdied eight in the final round of the valspar championship en route to fourth place. the eight birdies were the best in the tournament in a single round by any player on the course. the final round 65 marked his lowest score in the event (24 rounds), replacing a 66 from round two in 2011 (t15).
- world golf championship-mexico championship: started the final round of the world golf championship-mexico championship two off the lead, but shot a final round 70 and finished t7. he secured his second top 10 finish on the pga tour since he won the 2017 masters (t10/2017 tour championship).
- smbc singapore open: shot a final-round 3-under 68 to post a dominant five-shot win at the smbc singapore open. He birdied the opening hole of the final round and turned his overnight one-shot lead into a five-shot lead after nine holes of the final round at Sentosa Golf Club’s Serapong Course. He closed with nine straight pairs to post a total of 14-under-par 270 with Japan’s Satoshi Kodaira and South Africa’s Shaun Norris sharing second place.
- andalucia valderrama masters organized by the sergio garcia foundation: he continued his love affair with the real club valderrama when he got his sixth victory on the european circuit on spanish soil at the andalucia valderrama masters organized by the Sergio Garcia Foundation. He closed with 67 to finish 12 under par, one shot ahead of Dutchman Joost Luiten. He had only finished outside the top 10 once in 13 events at Valderrama, with eight top-five finishes. the win was his third of the European tour season.
- tour championship: went 3 out of 73 in the first round of the tour championship with scores of 66-68-67 to finish t10 with matt kuchar and justin moved up to 6 under par 274. Finishing at East Lake marked his sixth participation in the event in the fedexcup era and his first return since 2014.
- bmw championship: entered the bmw championship no. 34 in the fedexcup standings, but a t12 was enough to put him in the top 30 and secure a place in the tour championship.
- pga championship: At rounds 75-75, he missed the cut at the pga championship as he sought to become the fourth player to win both the masters tournament and the pga championship in the Same Year: Jack Nicklaus (1963, 1975), Jack Burke Jr. (1956), Sam Snead (1949).
- masters tournament: in his 74th major start and on what would have been compatriot seve ballesteros’s 60th birthday, he birdied the first hole of sudden death, no. 18, at the Masters to beat Justin Rose and claim his first major title. he had amassed 22 top-10 finishes in 73 previous major championship starts, four of which were second-place finishes. In his 19th appearance at Augusta, he tied for the 54-hole lead with Rose at 6-under 210. The duo posted 69-alls in the final round to finish at 9-under 283. Headed to Sunday 69 to keep up the pace de rose, made an eagle-3 at no. 15 to get to 9-low. It was his first eagle in 452 holes at Augusta. With the win, he became the first Spaniard to win the Masters since Jose Maria Olazabal in 1999. With scores of 71-69-70-69, he joined Rose as the only two players on the field to play all four rounds with sub-par scores.
- Omega Dubai Desert Classic: Claimed the 12th European Tour title in dominant wire-to-wire fashion to win the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. he set the tone with a starting 65 at the emirates golf club and never looked back, finishing with a bogey-free 69 to hit 269, 19 under par, and beat 2016 open champion henrik stenson by three shots. He entered the final round with a three-shot lead and, while back-to-back birdies from Stenson on days 13 and 14 applied some pressure, he produced an impressive tee shot on 15 and a brilliant up-and-down on no. 16 to make it easier to win.
- Omega Dubai Desert Classic: Claimed his 12th title on the European tour in dominant wire-to-wire fashion to win the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. he set the tone with a starting 65 at the emirates golf club and never looked back, finishing with a bogey-free 69 to reach 19 under par and beat henrik stenson by three shots. With the victory in Dubai, he has won professional events in 15 different countries.
- world golf championships-hsbc champions: Recorded his first top 10 of the season at the world golf championships-hsbc champions. he shot a final round 67, five under par, to finish t9 in shanghai.
- cimb classic: final t17 at the cimb classic in malaysia.
- ryder cup: making his eighth ryder cup start, he went 1-2-2 in his five games in the european team’s 17-11 loss to the united states in hazeltine. He halved his singles match with Phil Mickelson, with the two combining for 19 birdies and a score of 14-under-par 58.
- men’s golf olympic competition: represented spain when golf returned to the olympic games for the first time since 1904 at the rio 2016 olympic games. finished t8 in the 60 player field.
- the open championship: Recorded his second consecutive top 5 finish at a major with a t5 in the open championship at royal troon, marking the third time in his career that he has posted a top 5 finish at majors in the same season (2005 and 2006). he now owns 12 top-five finishes (including four finishes) in 72 major championship appearances overall.
- us open: he returned in his next start on the pga tour with a t5 at oakmont cc, finishing four shots behind us. open champion dustin johnson. holds the distinction among active players with the most consecutive starts in major championships without a win, with usa. uu. open marking his 68th consecutive start in a major championship (since the 1999 open championship).
- at&t byron nelson: entered the final round of at&t byron nelson trailing 54-hole leader brooks koepka by three strokes. With a final round of 2-under 68, which led to a total of 15-under 265, he advanced to a tiebreaker with Koepka, who closed with 1-over 71. 18) en route to a double bogey, the door was open for Garcia to win the AT&T Byron Nelson for the second time in his career (winning in 2004 on a playoff as well). Garcia’s par led to his ninth win on the PGA Tour at the same event where he made his first professional appearance in the United States (finishing T3 in 1999). he improved his playoff record to 5–6, snapping a three-game playoff losing streak. With nine wins on the PGA tour, he tied seven crossbowmen for the most wins on tour by a player from Spain. he jumped from no. 48 to no. 12 in the fedexcup classification. He became the 10th international winner at the AT&T Byron Nelson since 2000 and the event’s first multiple winner since he moved to TPC Four Seasons The Hills in 1983.
- Real Club Valderrama Open de España Organized by Fundación Sergio Garcia: Serving as tournament host, he finished solo third and just two shots behind champion Andrew Johnston at the Real Club Valderrama Open de España , organized by the Sergio Garcia Foundation.
- the honda classic: in his sixth start at the honda classic, he went from three shots to one in the span of a hole in round three, following adam’s quadruple bogey-7 Scott on the par 3 15th hole. At the end of the day, the pair were tied for the 54-hole lead on PGA National at 201 under par. by one stroke second place marked his fifteenth on the pga tour and was his 90th top 10 finish.
- ho tram open: after finishing regulation time in a four-way tie at 14 under par, emerged victorious in a tie break to win the ho tram open at the asian tour in vietnam in early December. he entered the 71st hole with a two-shot lead before a double bogey breathed new life into india’s himmat rai, thailand’s wiratchant thaworn and chinese taipei’s goingang lin. Pars on the first extra hole eliminated Thaworn and Lin, while Garcia made a birdie putt from 35 feet and Rai birdied from five feet to advance. A miss by Rai on the second hole opened the door for Garcia, who scored his first victory since the 2014 Qatar Masters.
- bmw championship: after opting out of the first two playoff events, the barclays and deutsche bank championship, he returned to conway farms gc for the bmw championship, where he finished t39 .
- omega european masters: Added a sixth place finish in July at the omega european masters. He enjoyed four rounds of par or better at Crans-sur-Sierre GC in Switzerland, including a final round, 6-under-par 64.
- The Players Championship: The winner of the 2008 Players Championship returned to TPC Sawgrass in May, where a final round 4-under 68 to finish at 12-under 276 was good enough for Join a three-hole, aggregate playoff with Kevin Kisner and Rickie Fowler. At par after the three-hole playoff at 1-under by Fowler and Kisner, he was eliminated. the t2 was his 14th career finisher and 6th top 10 finisher in 16 player championships.
- northern trust open: bogeyed the 72nd hole at the northern trust open to finish a shot out of the three-man playoff between james hahn, dustin johnson and paul casey. he finished t4 with three others for his second top 10 of the season.
- cimb classic: was one shot away from ryan moore-kevin na’s 54-hole lead in the cimb classic. He played well on the last day at Kuala Lumpur G&CC, posting a 69 in the final round, but finished T2 in Malaysia.
- thailand golf championship: had a strong finish in december 2014, at the thailand golf championship. He recovered from a 3-over-75 in the second round to post rounds of 71-69 over the weekend at Amata Spring CC to finish just 9th.
- ryder cup: at the ryder cup in gleneagles, scotland, he went 2-1-1 in his four matches to help lead the european team to a five-point victory in the event biennial.
- coca-cola tour championship: advanced to the tour championship for the fifth time in the eight-year history of the fedexcup era, finishing t9 at east lake gc and no. 13 in the fedexcup (his best finish by him in the competition in a season since a third-place finish in 2008). He closed out the tour championship with a 4-under-par 66 final round (sharing round-of-the-day honors with Brendon Todd).
- bmw championship: finished t4 in the bmw championship. He was in the midst of a big move in the final round, sitting 6-under for 16 holes and 12-under for the tournament (just two behind Billy Horschel) before a disastrous triple bogey on the par-5 17th hole brought him down. standings he holed out twice for eagle at cherry hills cc, on the par-4 seventh hole, draining a 35-yard shot during the final round and a 126-yard lob during the second round. he did his 275th tour in his career, in the bmw championship.
- Bridgestone World Invitational Golf Championships: Finished second in the Bridgestone World Invitational Golf Championships after holding a three-shot lead after the second and third rounds. He shot a 1-for-71 in the final round to lose by two strokes to McIlroy. he recorded his second top 10 finish in his 14th invitational start from Bridgestone. his only previous top 10 finish came in his first start in 1999 (s7). he was attempting to become the first Spaniard to win a world golf championship in his 42nd world golf championship. The first time in 14 starts at the Bridgestone Invitational that he shot three rounds in the 1960s. This was the fourth time he had led by three or more shots to the final round of a tour event, finishing second each time. He shot a 61 in the second round to match the tournament and field record in Firestone CC. his scoring of 27 in the last nine set the tournament record, previously 29 in both the first nine and the last nine. he set several of his career bests at the bridgestone invitational during the second round: consecutive birdies (seven), consecutive putts from holes 8-18 (11), nine-hole scoring (27), and 18-hole scoring (61). ).
- the open championship: put in a strong effort in the final round to catch a distant rory mcilroy in the open championship. He birdied two of his last three holes on Sunday en route to a 66-under to finish two shots behind McIlroy at Royal Liverpool GC. his 66 was one shot away from the bottom round of the tournament. the t2 with rickie fowler was his eighth top-10 finish in 18 open championship starts. of them, three have been the first five. the top 10 finish was also his seventh of the season on the pga tour in only his 11th appearance.
- Travelers’ Championship: He finished t2 in the Travelers’ Championship for his first top-10 finish in three starts out of Hartford. he played in the penultimate group and had a 25-foot birdie putt at no. 18 to force a tiebreaker with eventual champion Kevin Streelman, who was already in the clubhouse at 15 under.
- The Players Championship: The 2008 Players Champion returned to TPC Sawgrass, where four rounds below average (67-71-69-70) earned him a third-place finish, two behind martin kaymer. he made an 8-foot, 1-inch birdie putt on the 72nd hole, one of just 14 there for the week, to move into his final spot.
- shell houston open: in april, followed an opening round, five under par, 67 with five birdies and an eagle en route to a second round 65 at the shell houston open. It was his second appearance at the event along with his appearance in 2009. His final round, 2-under 70 was good for third place.
- the honda classic: in florida, he beat an opening round, 2 out of 72 in the honda classic with rounds of 68-68-67, at t8 with luke donald, stuart appleby and david lingmerth His final round, 3-under 67, tied for the lowest round of the day and was one of only 17 (of 70) under-70 scores on a windy Sunday at PGA National.
- world golf championships-accenture match play championship: back in the united states in february, he finished t9 in the world golf championships-accenture match play championship in his 12th participation in the event.
- the commercial bank qatar masters: in late january, he started the final round of the commercial bank qatar masters three shots behind leader rafael cabrera-bello and then toured doha gc in 65 shots in the final round to finish the regulation tied with mikko ilonen. he looked like he was going to win after 72 holes, but missed his birdie attempt on the 18th hole, and ilonen birdied the 16th and 18th holes to force overtime. The duo paired up on the first two holes of the playoffs, and both birdied the 18th hole twice. They returned to the 18th hole for the third bonus hole, and he birdied the par 5 par 5 for a third straight to Par Ilonen. It was sweet redemption as he made t2 in the event a year ago when Chris Wood made one last eagle to secure the win.
- world golf championships-hsbc champions: aided by a 63 in the final round, he soloed fourth at the world golf championships-hsbc champions at sheshan international gc in shanghai, china .
- thai golf championship: in december, he captured his fourth asian tour title, in chonburi, thailand, at the thai golf championship. With his girlfriend, Katharina Boehm, as caddy of the week, a 4-under 68 was good for a 22-under 266 and a four-stroke win over 2013 FedExCup champion Henrik Stenson. >
- nedbank golf challenge: was t2 in the nedbank golf challenge at the european tour in south africa. He finished two shots off Thomas Bjorn’s winning score of 20 under par at Gary Player CC.
- tour championship by coca-cola: advanced to tour championship by coca-cola for the second consecutive season, with a t9 finish (fifth top 10 of the season).
- deutsche bank championship: With rounds of 65-64-65, he held a one-shot lead through 36 holes and a two-shot lead through 54 holes in the deutsche bank championship. a final round, 2 over 73 led to a t4 finish, five shots behind winner henrik stenson.
- bmw international open: shot rounds of 65-69 over his last 36 holes at the bmw international open in munich through t7. he had 11 birdies over the weekend at munchen eichenried gc.
- The Players Championship: After a second round, 7-under 65 at tpc sawgrass, he was on his way to becoming the sixth player to win the Players Championship multiple times until he suffered an expensive quad bogey. 7 on the 17th hole on Sunday thwarted his efforts. he teed off tied for the lead with tiger woods. after his tee shot hit the water, he dropped off the same tee and hit the water again. the 4-over-par score is his career high at no. 17, having played the hole 52 previous times. three times he has scored a triple bogey in the hole (third round in 2011, fourth round in 2005 and first round in 2000). he s8 with six others.
- masters tournament: finished t8 in the masters tournament. He held the co-lead of the first round with an opening 66 at Augusta National.
- tampa bay championship presented by everbank: In his fifth participation in the tampa bay championship, he finished t7 with six others.
- world golf championship-cadillac championship: season highlighted by a third-place performance in the world golf championship-cadillac championship. He shared the first-round lead with a 6-under 66, en route to posting his first top-10 of the season (and 70th of his career), with a T3 finish in the World Golf Championship-Cadillac Championship. it was his third career t3 of him in the event (2005 and 2007).
- iskandar johor open: in malaysia, won the rain-shortened iskandar johor open by three strokes, courtesy of an 11-under 61 in the final round. his 18 under par 198 at horizon hills was good for his second win of the season and his 15th international title. his 11-under was the lowest final-round score by a winner in Asian tour history.
- thai golf championship: In mid-December, he finished fourth in the thai golf championship on the asian tour, shooting 12 under par 276.
- dp world tour championship: qualified for the european tour season finale dp world tour championship and finished t9 in dubai.
- Ryder Cup: Motivated by missing out on the Ryder Cup as a player in 2010, he posted a 2-2-0 record in his sixth participation in the event to lead the European team to within one-point cattle in medinah cc. The week was highlighted by birdies on the last two holes until a 1 win over Jim Furyk in Sunday’s match.
- coca-cola championship tour: t15 on the championship tour.
- bmw championship: final t24 in the bmw championship.
- deutsche bank championship: chose not to play in the deutsche bank championship, falling to no. 15 in the classification heading to the bmw championship.
- the barclays: led by two strokes into the final round of the barclays, but a 4 out of 75 in the final round left him four strokes behind champion nick watney and t3. he was looking for his third win at barclays and trying to become the first player to win consecutive pga tour events since tiger woods in 2009 (buick open, world golf championships-bridgestone invitational). with the t3 ending, he jumped from no. 33 to no. 10 in the fedexcup standings, having dropped to no. 108 for the season and finding himself at no. 102 entering the wyndham championship.
- wyndham championship: took a one-shot lead in the final round and won by two shots over tim clark with a 4-under 66 final round at the wyndham championship. first win on tour since the 2008 players championship. also first win for him since he turned 30. he earned his eighth career win at 32 years, 7 months, 10 days in his 240th career start. he has converted three of the eight third-round leaders/co-leaders on tour in victory. He was a co-leader on 54 holes at the 2009 Wyndham Championship, but fell one shot short of the three-man playoff and finished fourth. The win at Greensboro came in just his third appearance in the Wyndham Championship and his first since finishing fourth three years earlier. he snapped a streak of four consecutive first-time winners at greensboro (ryan moore, arjun atwal and webb simpson). As an amateur, Garcia finished T3 at the 1998 Greensboro Open on the Korn Ferry Tour, also played at Sedgefield CC.
- nordea masters: competed at the nordea masters in stockholm, sweden, in June, eventually finishing t3, six shots behind lee westwood.
- volvo world match play championship: had a t5 performance at the volvo world match play championship in his native spain in may. she lost in the quarterfinals at finca cortesin to graeme mcdowell in 19 holes.
- northern trust opener: finished t4 in the northern trust opener on the strength of a closing round of 64. started the round at no. 10 (today nine), but a furious rally put it in dispute. he finished within two shots of the tiebreaker due to bogeys on his 13th (#4) and 16th (#7) holes of the day. he had a pair of eagles on his first six holes to start the final round. His first eagle came on the par 5 11th hole, and his second came with a 4-iron from 207 yards on the par 4 15th hole. Final round 64 is his best round on tour since 64 at the 2009 Wyndham Championship
- the commercial bank qatar masters: He opened with a par 72 at the commercial bank qatar masters and then shot straight 68s in the weather-shortened event at t5.
- abu dhabi hsbc golf championship: made a hole-in-one at the abu dhabi hsbc golf championship, sinking his 7-iron from 186 yards on the 12th hole in the first round. It was his first competitive ace since he hole-in-one in the 2008 BMW Championship during the FedExCup playoffs.
- andalucia masters: in spain, at the valderrama golf club, he won the andalucia masters again by a blow over miguel angel jimenez with rounds of 70-70-67-71 . with the wins, he moved up to no. 18 in the official world golf rankings at the time, his highest position in 18 months and eventually finished no. 8 in the classification of the race to dubai.
- castellÓ masters costa azahar: dedicating his game in spain to seve ballesteros, he obtained one of the most dominant victories in the history of the european circuit. through 10 holes at the castello masters, he was 1 over par. he played the last 62 holes at 28 under par, taking an eight-shot lead in the final round and defeating gonzalo fernandez-castano by 11 shots. His win tied the third-largest margin of victory in European Tour history, and only Ernie Els’ 29-under effort in the 2003 Johnnie Walker Classic was better relative to par.
- bmw international open: looked poised to win on the european tour for the first time since 2008. took the lead into the final nine holes of the bmw international open in munich after three birdies, two legs of eagle on holes 6 to 11. he bogeyed on four holes of nine, but recovered to get into a playoff with his compatriot pablo larrazábal. he made three puts on the fifth playoff hole for larrazábal’s par bogey. the performance allowed him to qualify for the open championship.
- the open championship: finished t9th in the open championship to post consecutive top 10 finishes in a major for the first time since 2006 when he finished t5th in the open championship and t3rd in the pga championship. his 68 sunday at royal st. george’s matched his second best final round score at a major championship, only bettered by 66 in the final round to finish t4 at the 2004 masters.
- us open: finished t7 in the us uu. open to posting his first top 10 finish at a major since 2009 u.s. open. He shot par or better all four rounds in the event at the CC Congress, the first time he has done so in a tournament since the 2010 World Golf Championships: Bridgestone Invitational.
- The Players Championship: Scored a players final round 65, his best score in 44 rounds at tpc sawgrass, to finish t12. round was highlighted by a birdie-birdie-eagle-birdie streak of nos. 14-17, matching the longest birdie-eagle streak in tournament history.
- arnold palmer invitational presented by mastercard: finished eighth in the arnold palmer invitational, his first top 10 finish on tour since fourth place in the 2010 world golf championships: accenture match play championship .
- transitions championship: Making his first start of the year on the pga tour, he played the first 36 holes without bogeys in the transitions championship and was t3 entering the weekend before finishing t15.
- Ryder Cup: Served as vice-captain during Team Europe’s one-point victory over the United States in the Ryder Cup.
- pga championship: announced a two-month hiatus from golf after missing the cut at the pga championship.
- wyndham championship: finished fourth in the wyndham championship (67-64-64-70) after sharing the 54-hole lead with chris riley. bunker shot on the last hole rolled within an inch of the hole, which would have put him in a four-man playoff. the only other time he collected consecutive rounds of 64 or higher was in the 2007 tour championship (second and third rounds). his total of 195 after 54 holes was a career best for him, surpassing his 196 in the 2007 tour championship.
- us open championship: achieved his 15th career top 10 finish in a major championship with a t10 in the us. uu. open. He posted three rounds of par-par 70s and a third-round 2-over-72 to finish six shots behind champion Lucas Glover. it was his first top 10 of the season (nine starts).
- world golf championship-accenture match play championship: kicked off the pga tour season at the world golf championship-accenture match play championship ranked highest number of his career. 2 in the official world golf ranking.
- castellÓ masters costa azahar: won the castello masters of the european tour in spain in the field where he grew up. the win propelled him to his career-high third place in the official world golf rankings.
- Tour Championship Presented by Coca-Cola: After a five-under 65 under par on Friday, he turned in a 67 in the third round to move to a three-shot lead in the coca-cola tour championship. Salary readjustment. He went 1 over 71 on the final day, and then fell to Camilo Villegas on the first playoff hole. third place in the fedexcup resulted in a $2 million bonus.
- ryder cup: made his fifth appearance in the ryder cup. He went 0-2-2 in the Ryder Cup loss to the United States at Valhalla, but still has an overall record of 14-6-4 in the competition.
- deutsche bank championship: t5 in the deutsche bank championship, remaining second in the fedexcup standings. It was his third consecutive top-five finish and he continued a streak in which 10 of his last 12 rounds were under par.
- the barclays: lost on the second hole of a playoff at the barclays to vijay singh. Singh birdied the par-5 17th hole after Garcia drove left and hit his second shot behind a tree on his way to par. Kevin Sutherland was eliminated on the first hole of the playoffs where Garcia made a 27-foot birdie putt only to be edged out by Singh’s 26-footer. All three players finished with 8-under 276 at Ridgewood CC in Paramus, NJ.
- pga championship: finished second to padraig harrington in the pga championship, his third second-place finish in a major championship event. He was tied with Harrington with two holes remaining, but finished par-bogey until Harrington’s par-birdie conclusion. it was also his ninth top 5 finish in major championship starts.
- stanford street. jude’s championship: posted his second top 10 of the season with a t4 finish at stanford st. jude championship, including a bogeyless 66 in the final round that put him one shot out of the playoffs.
- players’ championship: At age 28 and in his 10th season on the pga tour, he recorded his seventh career win (players’ championship). He ended the longest win drought of his career by making a deciding par putt to force a playoff and hitting the island green 17 on the first extra hole to defeat Paul Goydos in the Players Championship. His first victory in three years and 53 PGA Tour events was based on leading the field in driving accuracy and greens in regulation. he made a 45-foot birdie putt on the par 4 14th hole to get back in the game and a 7-foot par putt on the 18th hole for a total of 71 under par and 283 under par 5. Goydos, who was playing on the latter group, missed a 15-foot par putt on the last hole and took the win. It was the first playoff in the players since 1987. On the playoff hole, Goydos hit a wedge right into the water and made a double bogey before Garcia teed off 4 feet and two putted for the win.
- Tour Championship Presented by Coca-Cola: Helped by Friday and Saturday rounds of 64-64, he finished fourth in the Tour Championship.
- The Open Championship: Held the lead after the first three rounds of the Open Championship. he bogeyed his 72nd hole at carnoustie to finish tied with padraig harrington. He lost the four-hole aggregate playoff by one stroke (1 over par to Harrington). it was his 13th top-10 finish at a major, including finishing in the top five in the last three open championships.
- The Players Championship: He birdied four of his last five holes on Sunday to post a 66-under-par to finish second in the Players Championship, two shots behind Phil Mickelson.
- world golf championship-ca championship: t3 in the world golf championship-ca championship, giving him six top-10 finishes in eight races in the ca championship.
- ryder cup: had a 4-1-0 record for the european ryder cup team. increased his Ryder Cup career record to 14-4-2 after the European win.
- pga championship: finished t3 in the pga championship.
- the open championship: finished t5 in the open championship.
- omega european masters: captured his 10th international win, taking a third-round lead and a one-shot win over Swede peter gustafsson at the omega european masters.
- booz allen classic: Earned his sixth career tour win at the booz allen classic, defeating davis love iii, adam scott and ben crane by two strokes. towed by two strokes to the leading 54-hole tom kite. the final round 65 included a 6-under 30 on the front nine that matched the low score from nine holes in congressional cc.
- wachovia championship: absolute leader in 18, 36 and 54 holes in the wachovia championship. he lost six shots ahead in 12 holes. He managed to regain the lead with consecutive birdies, but fell to a tie when he bogeyed the par 3 17. His closing par 72 was good enough to get him into a playoff with Vijay Singh and Jim Furyk. eliminated on the first extra hole by three putts from 45 feet, missing a 6-footer for par.
- Ryder Cup: Playing in his third Ryder Cup, he went 4-0-1 for the winning European team.
- buick classic: won a three-man playoff for the second time in five weeks on the extra third hole at the buick classic. victory over rory sabbatini and padraig harrington improved their playoff record to 3-1.
- eds byron nelson championship: Earned his third career eds byron nelson championship title in a three-way playoff on the first hole over dudley hart and robert damron. He became the 13th player to win both the Byron Nelson and the Bank of America Colonial in one career.
- turespana mallorca classic: obtained the fifth victory of his career on the european circuit in spain at the mallorca classic in pula gc.
- Buick Classic: Recorded a S4 in the Buick Classic, his third consecutive top 10 finish in the tournament.
- Ryder Cup: Posted a 3-2-0 record in the effort to win the European Ryder Cup.
- Open de Espana: Captured the Canarias Open de Espana on the European Tour, the fourth career European Tour victory for the Spain native and his first professional victory in Spain.
- Mercedes Championships: He began the year with a win in the season-opening Mercedes Championships and finished in the top 10 in all four main races, the only player to do so. He birdied the 18th hole at Plantation Course at the Mercedes Championships to set up the tiebreaker with David Toms, then birdied the same hole again to win his third PGA Tour title. he overcame a four-shot deficit with a final-round 9-under-par 64, for the best final-round finish at the plantation course. The last first-time champion of the event was Tiger Woods in 1997.
- the tour championship: lost a four-man playoff in the tour championship (ernie els, david toms and the winner mike weir).
- trophee lancome: won the third European title in the lancome trophy, beating retief goosen by one stroke.
- Buick Classic: Three starts after the first win, he became one of nine multiple winners on tour with a victory in the Buick Classic. he tied for the lead after 36 holes and led by two after 54. he closed with 67 to win by three. become the youngest player to earn $2 million in a season.
- Colonial Mastercard: Became the first player born in the 1980s to win on tour with a two-stroke victory in Colonial Mastercard. he started the final fifth round from the lead and closed with a 63.
- linde german masters: won the second European tour title at linde german masters on October 10th. 3. He sank a 15-foot birdie putt on the second playoff hole to defeat Padraig Harrington.
- Ryder Cup: Youngest Ryder Cup entrant in history, at age 19 years, 8 months, 15 days (over five months younger than Nick Faldo in 1977), where he posted a 3-1 -1 overall record.
- pga championship: runner-up in the pga championship guaranteed spot on the european ryder cup team. first round 66 gave him the advantage in medinah cc. He was the youngest player to lead the PGA championship since the tournament converted to stroke play in 1958. On Sunday, the Woods trailed by two strokes with three holes to play, and the tee shot on the 16th was he stopped against a root behind a large tree, then hit a 6-iron, eyes closed, safe on the green and ran down the fairway to see a recovery shot. he finished a hit behind the woods.
- murphy’s ireland open: She won the first professional event on July 4, at the murphy’s ireland open in her sixth professional appearance. He became the fourth youngest winner of the European tour (the youngest was South African Dale Hayes, aged 18, when he won the 1971 Spanish Open).
- gte byron nelson classic: in the first round he started as a professional and in the second as a professional, he finished t3 in the gte byron nelson classic. opening 62 left him one shot behind tiger woods. He finished seven shots shy of the tiebreaker between Loren Roberts and Steve Paté.
- masters tournament: was the first British amateur champion to finish as a low amateur in masters (1999).
- alfred dunhill cup: joined jose maria olazabal and miguel angel jimenez to capture spain’s first ever dunhill cup title.
- He participated in 28 professional and amateur events. he made the cut in 12 of the 18 European tour events he entered before turning pro. at age 14 he made his first cut at a european tour event, the turespana open mediterranea in 1995. he set a european tour record as the youngest
- winner of 19 events as an amateur and also of a professional event, the catalonia open, at the age of 17. she won the 1995 European Amateur, the youngest winner of the event.
- At age 14, he made his first cut at a European tour event, the 1995 Turespana Open Mediterranea. He set a European tour record as the youngest player to make a cut.
international wins (20)
additional wins (4)
turn pga (6-6)
Won the Sanderson Farms Championship, his first victory on the PGA Tour since the 2017 Masters Tournament, and advanced to the FedExCup playoffs for the 13th time in 15 seasons, finishing No. 14 in the fedexcup classification. he qualified for the tour championship for the seventh time and the first since 2017. he posted three additional top 10 finishes and made 15 cuts in 24 starts. he led the pga tour in third-round scoring average (68.36). Selected as the Captain’s Choice to compete for Europe in the Ryder Cup, marking his 10th appearance at the event.
Missed the fedexcup playoffs for the second time in the fedexcup era, finishing no. 135 in qualifying. out of 10 he made cuts in 12 starts, the only top 25 finish coming at the rbc heritage (t5). he never posted fewer than four top-25s in the previous 21 seasons on the pga tour.
After failing to advance to the fedexcup playoffs in 2018 for the first time in his career, he finished season no. 72 in the fedexcup classification. He entered the Northern Trust inside the cut-off line for the top 70 to advance to the BMW Championship, but missed the cut in the first event of the playoffs. he posted five top 10s, including three top 5s, and made 11 cuts in 15 starts.
Of seven cuts made in 15 starts, he earned three top-10 finishes in consecutive starts, two of which were World Golf Championships. he missed the cut at all four majors and finished 70th in the players’ championship. in the N. 128 in the fedexcup standings, he failed to qualify for the fedexcup playoffs for the first time in 12 fedexcup years. He was named captain of the European Ryder Cup team, marking his ninth appearance on the team since 1999.
Had three top 10 finishes in 17 starts, highlighting his Masters win, his first major championship win in 74 starts. He advanced through all four events in the FedExCup playoffs, before finishing his season ranked 21st in the FedExCup standings.
Eight top-25 finishes in 13 starts, including a win at the at&t byron nelson and three additional top-five finishes, helped him advance to the fedexcup playoffs for the 10th consecutive time, one of 16 players to qualify for all 10 seasons of the fedexcup playoffs. After not competing at Barclays, he stayed alive for the next two playoff events, before ending his season after the BMW Championship at No. 32 in the fedexcup classification.
extended his fedexcup playoff start streak to a perfect nine-for-nine, thanks to four top-10 finishes in just 12 starts in the wyndham championship, highlighted by a playoff loss to the players. he finished his season ranked 53rd in the rankings.
Near-miss season, including three consecutive runner-up finishes (Travellers Championship, Open Championship and Bridgestone World Invitational Golf Championship), as well as third-place efforts at the Shell Houston Open and Players Championship.
The season included 17 cuts made in as many starts, with a 22nd place finish in the fedexcup.
finished no. 17th in the fedexcup standings, his best performance since a third-place finish in 2008.
The season was capped off with two late wins on the European tour in his home country of Spain.
achieved just one top 10 finish in 15 starts, placing fourth in his second start of the season, at the Accenture Match Play Championship World Golf Championship. He lost in the semifinals and then suffered a 5-4 loss to Camilo Villegas in the third-place match. he advanced further in the tournament than any of his previous eight starts there.
finished the season 38th in the fedexcup standings and no. 74 on the money list.
placed third in the fedexcup, thanks in large part to 18 cuts made in 19 starts, including six top 10s.
competed in all four pga tour playoffs for fedexcup events and posted top 10 finishes in the bmw championship and coca-cola tour championship to finish 13th on the all-time points list. the season. he had a career-high in earnings and was the runner-up in a major championship of his career in the open championship. he finished ninth in the fedexcup standings to win a $550,000 bonus.
registered top 10 finishes in two major championships. he finished outside the top 30 on the money list for the second time in six seasons, and 11th on the European Tour order of merit, thanks to second-place finishes in the last two events of the season.
thanks to victories on both the pga tour and the european tour, he finished season no. 8 in the official world golf ranking. he posted two top 10 finishes at majors. With six wins at age 25, he is only the third person to accomplish that feat since 1970, joining current players Tiger Woods (29 wins) and Phil Mickelson (eight wins).
finished ninth in the official world golf rankings, winning two tour events (both in the playoffs) and one European tour event.
had two top 10s in 20 starts.
recorded two wins to break into the top 10 in earnings in sixth place.
a successful second season on tour that produced five top-10 finishes and eight top-25 finishes. He played in 16 events during the year, making 14 cuts.
turned pro on April 21. he made the cut in seven of nine starts, finishing in the top 10 four times, with second and third places. after the $58,650 memorial payday, he made $202,650 in tour earnings and joined the tour as a special temporary member. qualified by finishing in the top 125 on the non-member money list. Awarded Sir Henry Cotton European Tour Rookie of the Year Honours.