the 2022 nfl draft got off to a spectacular start on day 1, thursday night, with a number of trades including a.j. Brown moving from the Titans to the Eagles and Day 2 could be just as wild with every quarterback except Kenny Pickett still available.
Below you’ll find everything you need to know for Day 2 and Day 3, from prospect rankings to picks, and all the mock drafts and insider information you can get. you can track each selection here.
preliminary order of the second round
- 33. tampa bay buccaneers
- 34. minnesota vikings
- 35. tennessee titans
- 36. new york giants
- 37. houston texans
- 38. new york jets
- 39. chicago bears
- 40. seattle seahawks
- 41. seattle seahawks
- 42. indianapolis colts
- 43. atlanta falcons
- 44. cleveland browns
- 45. baltimore ravens
- 46. detroit lions
- 47. washington commanders
- 48. chicago bears
- 49. new orleans saints
- 50. kansas city chiefs
- 51. philadelphia eagles
- 52. pittsburgh steelmakers
- 53. green bay packers
- 54. new england patriots
- 55. arizona cardinals
- 56. dallas cowboys
- 57. buffalo bills
- 58. atlanta falcons
- 59. green bay packers
- 60. tampa bay buccaneers
- 61. san francisco 49ers
- 62. kansas city chiefs
- 63. cincinnati flares
- 64. denver broncos
- Friday, April 29, at 7:00 p.m. et
- Saturday, April 30, at 12 noon
- ryan wilson (full mock draft)
- chris trapasso (full mock draft)
- josh edwards (full mock draft)
- kyle stackpole (full mock draft)
- jason la canfora (full mock draft)
- pete prisco (full mock draft)
- will brinson (full mock draft)
- jonathan jones (full mock draft)
- jared dubin (full mock draft)
- cody benjamin (full mock draft)
- patrik walker (full mock draft)
- tyler sullivan (full mock draft)
- jeff kerr (full mock draft)
- jordan dajani (full mock draft)
- bryan deardo (full mock draft)
- six surprising scenarios that could completely change the first round – chris trapasso
- Predicting the five biggest upsets, including seven receivers in Round 1: Ryan Wilson
- top 10 qbs in draft – tom fornelli
- chiefs, packers among teams most likely to change; chargers, giant candidates to go down – cody benjamin
- the biggest draft pick by each team – since no. 32 to no. 1 – jeff kerr
- jlc: best prop bets to make, including malik willis landing with saints, at qbs
- jlc: this is how jason la canfora sees the top 10 picks
- jj – panthers keeping qb options open, don’t expect movement during draft; split jags on top selection
- Going into the 2022 nfl draft, eight teams have multiple first-round picks: detroit lions, green bay packers, houston texans, kansas city chiefs, new york giants, new york jets, new orleans saints and philadelphia eagles. the most teams to make multiple first-round picks in a single draft since 1967 is six (last in 2020).
- eight teams currently do not have a first-round pick in the 2022 nfl draft. the most teams that have not made a first-round pick in a single draft since 1967 is seven (most recently in 2020).
- the seattle seahawks (1993), dallas cowboys (1989) and new orleans saints (1971) have the three longest droughts drafting a quarterback in round 1. two of these franchises could break that streak this year.
- the cincinnati bengals have their latest first-round pick: no. 31 overall.
- ohio state and usc have 72 players selected in the first round in the common draft era (since 1967). The Buckeyes and Trojans are expected to have another first-round pick this year.
when and where is the draft?
the 2022 nfl draft will take place in las vegas, one year after the draft took place in cleveland. here is the list of the 21 prospects who will attend.
the draft will be on a variety of networks. Coverage will be provided by NFL Network, ESPN and ABC and you will be able to stream live on Fubotv. These are the starting times for each round:
prospect rankings (general)
Click here for the full position-by-position rankings provided by cbs sports.
core draft mockup
with the unpredictability of this draft, who the jacksonville jaguars take with the first pick is anyone’s guess. when will the first quarterback be taken off the board? and who will take them? s
To find out who teams with multiple first-round picks are projecting, see who our NFL writers picked here!
here are some other pre-round 1 draft articles:
our nfl experts jason la canfora and jonathan jones have you covered before the draft. here’s the last of each:
from the point of view of fantasy
It’s never too early to prepare for your fantasy football season (let’s face it, rookies can win you a championship in a dynasty league). Our CBS fantasy expert Chris Towers took a look at the biggest fantasy questions in the first round for the NFC and AFC.
For a list of individual profiles of top prospects, click here.
Do you want to win some money this weekend? Our Jordan Dajani took a look at the top five bets to watch, along with player prop bets from sportsbook William Hill.
some fun facts about this year’s draft
2022 nfl draft caps now available
The 2022 nfl draft is here! Get Official 59Fifty NFL Draft Fitted Caps Now And Represent Your Team Fandom. See your team’s future unfold, and look stylish doing it, by shopping here. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.